Monday, November 30, 2015

Fear Not


I’ve learned that time is weird on a mission. I said something to my companion the other day like "Hey Elder what did we teach that family yesterday?" and he replies "Elder we haven’t taught those guys in a week." Time just flies by, (Tempus fugit). I can’t believe that I have been on my mission for three months. Feels like I just left. 
Elder Huefner and I went to the Argentine black market today. That was a fun experience. I bought a BOCA jersey for 170 pesos! It was a $70 jersey that I bargained for and got it at $17. It was super fun.
We had a kind of tough week. A couple days ago, we were just getting rejected by everyone. No one wanted to hear what we had to say. It was tough but the scriptures say, "There must needs be opposition in all things." I would never learn to appreciate the good days without experiencing the bad ones. Our family of investigators, familia R. set a date to get married on 30 Dec! That means that they are set for baptism in early January. I’m so excited for them and we have seen a huge conversion take place. 
I found my new favorite saying in the scriptures. It is found in my favorite scripture, DyC 6:36. "Look unto the Lord in every thought; doubt not, fear not." The phrase 'fear not' sounds like it could be on a Nike shirt. I love that phrase. To me, it means that no matter what happens to me, I never have any reason to be afraid. Because I know that the Lord is on my side. Reminds of David and Goliath. No one wanted to fight this huge guy, but David said, "I'm fighting with the Lord on my side, how could I lose?" I know these things are true.
When I say my area is out in campo, this is what I mean. We’re in the middle of nowhere. Instead of Francisco Alvarez, my comp calls it Francisco Mars.
Con amor,
Elder Gygi

No comments:

Post a Comment