Sunday, October 4, 2015

Final MTC Letter

Hey I'm writing my letter today because I don't have a P-day this week. It would be tomorrow but it's General Conferencia so no P-day tomorrow. I finally leave the MTC on Monday! I'm so excited to get to Argentina. I have a 3.5 hour flight to Atlanta and then an 10 hour flight to Buenos Aires. I will have a layover for about 2 hours in Atlanta so I'll call Dad and Mom and talk for a while. I think I'm most excited for the restaurants in the airport that I can eat at. (Sounds like Smashburger and Krispy Kreme requests!)
On average, it takes about 5 years for a person to become fluent in a language. Our district just did it in 6 weeks. OK, yeah maybe we are not fluent but we're to the point where we won't be hopelessly lost trying to hold a conversation. I'm just amazed at how much the Lord has blessed us
MTC District
Oh yeah it's my birthday on Sunday!! Thank you Mom and Dad for the packages! The coat you sent is way warmer than my other one. I said goodbye to our two teachers today, Hermano Savio and Hermana Imbler. They are both so awesome and we're like family now. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had for them to teach me. Elder Claudio R.M. Costa came to speak to us. He has such a crazy conversion story. The misioneros came to him and asked him to read and pray about the story of Joseph Smith. He decided to read each paragraph and pray about each one. After 14 hours of studying, he knew the church was true. The next day he found the misioneros and told them that he needed to be baptized and that he had no time to waste. They told him that he needed to be taught all the lessons first and then go have an interview with the Mission president. He said "OK, teach me right now and then I'll go talk to him and then you can baptize me." He is a very funny guy. 

I'm looking forward to calling home. My next letter will be from Argentina!

Yo soy Elder Gygi

No comments:

Post a Comment