Monday, October 26, 2015

Passport Peace

Hola everyone!
We had a great week! It is still pretty cold here. I wanted to share an experience that I had a while ago but never shared. Yesterday my companion and I were teaching the Gospel Essentials class in church (The branch is small and there are no teachers). We taught about prayer and I remembered something that happened a while ago. This happened on the day I left the MTC in Utah. Our whole group of missionaries made it safely to the Atlanta airport. I had about 45 minutes until our flight for Buenos Aires left. I called my family and talked for about 15 minutes and then got some dinner. It came time to get in line to board the plane. So I was standing in line and was going through my papers to make sure everything was in order. I had my boarding pass and my baggage claims but I could not find my passport. I searched every pocket in my suit. I looked under every chair I had sat in and every hallway I had walked in at that airport. I could not find it. There was not much time left to board the plane. I knew that if I did not have my passport I would not be able to leave. I felt that I needed to pray. I sat down in the middle of this busy terminal and prayed that I would be able to make it on the plane. Immediately after, I felt calm and I knew that everything would be alright. I received a prompting to just get back in line. Nervous, but with faith, I followed the prompting. I was almost to the front of line when a sister missionary in front of me opened her purse and pulled out my passport. She said that she had no idea how she got it. My testimony of prayer grew so much stronger that day. I know that the Lord answers our prayers in His own ways. It would´ve been to easy if I had ended my prayer and my passport was sitting right in front of me. I needed to have my faith tested to follow a prompting. I am grateful for this miracle I had.
We have found some new investigators this week! We also have a baptism this Saturday! Her name is R. and she is about 65. We taught her a few times in the past weeks but she couldn´t quit smoking so we didn´t visit her for a week. We were riding our bikes and saw her on the road and stopped to talk to her. She told us that she hasn´t had a cigarette at all the last week and she wants to be baptized! We are very excited for her.
Mom, in case you don't believe about the food here, I wrote down some of the meals members made for us this week. 

-Tarta (baked veggie pie) with pork chops
-Milanesa sandwiches (milanesas are like really thin breaded and fried chicken breast)
-Chicken, beef, and ham & cheese empañadas with Dulce de Leche cake
-Argentine pizza
-Real chicken soup (they cook a whole chicken in the pot and fill it with veggies and broth)

I´m very happy to be serving the people here.

Yo soy Elder Gygi

No comments:

Post a Comment