Wednesday, October 21, 2015

¡Felis Día de la Madre!

Holá!
Elder Gygi is the "son" of Elder Huefner
We've been teaching some great families. One family we found, the R. family, is progressing very fast. On our first lesson with them, we left a Book of Mormon and asked them to read and pray about. We came back a few days later and asked how it went. The mom said she read it and doesn't even need to pray about it, she just knows it is true. They accepted a baptismal date for the 21 of November on the first day. I'm excited to keep teaching them. Plus they always give us matté cocido and these Argentine snacks that are kind of like big, sugary donut holes. Every family we gives visit us food. 
Yesterday was Argentinian Mother's Day, so mom ¡Felis Día de la Madre!
No one here can say my name correctly, so I do not even bother trying to correct anyone. They all call me Elder She-She, pronounced with a slurred g.
My companion Elder Huefner got really sick this week, we think it is because he drank some tap water. He is doing much better now though.
My bike keeps breaking haha so I keep having to go get it fixed. But that gives me an opportunity to work on my Spanish and learn how to use pesos! They have really good candy here. There are ones called Alfajores, They are like 2 crumbly cookies with Dulce de Leche in between them then covered in chocolate. I don´t know if you can find them in the states, maybe on amazon or something.
Like I said last week, we are in the area of Francisco Alvarez, which is about 30 minutes from Luján. There is branch here at about 60-70 members. They are very nice. We do have a small church building here. It is surrounded by a tall gate and has bars on all the windows. Every house has barred windows here.
I had a much better week this week. I am not as homesick as I was. I´m sacrificing my time to help bring others to Christ. I have felt the joy of the gospel in my life and now i ave the responsibility to share it with others.
Yo soy Elder Gygi
Luján Zone


No comments:

Post a Comment