Saturday, July 1, 2017

Humbled...

Happy 1st B-Day, Jared!
Hey Family and Friends!

The weather here in Argentina this week is perfect! Sunny but not hot. It will be hard to adjust to 120º AZ heat. We have continued to have successes here. I love being able to witness the church grow.
We did divisions twice this week. First, on Tuesday, I went with Elder Maycock (I have been with him in like 3 other zones in my mission, so it was my 4th divisions with him!). We had a great day, I lead the area here in Hurlingham. During that day we taught a lesson to recent convert named N. We were in the lesson and it was late at night and I knew we need to leave to catch the train by 7:58 to get home in time. The whole lesson I was thinking that we needed to leave and not be late. Then I heard the spirit whisper to me "Would Jesus Christ leave a lesson early to catch the train?" Humbled, I then really paid attention to what he was telling us. We felt prompted to read with him D&C 58:2-4. Which says in part "... For after much tribulation comes the blessings..." I was very happy that we were able to share with the struggling recent convert a message of hope. 

I think that is what I will miss most when I finish my mision, receiving revelation for others and being to help someone every day. I hope I will still be able to take that blessing home. I love my mission and I love this work.

Sincerely,
Elder Gygi

PS: We got flight plans!!! Jared lands at Sky Harbor on August 8th, 9:15am!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment