Tuesday, April 12, 2016

We Were So Lost


¡Buen dia! 

We had a fun week! Elder Dominguez is adjusting to the missionary life. It is tons of fun to be a trainer. This past week we got so lost. Both of us are brand new to this area so we have no idea where things are. Sometimes we just get on a bus not even knowing where it goes! The other day it was about 8:00pm and we needed to start heading back home. It was dark, cold, and rainy. We saw a bus coming that said #504, which we have taken before and vaguely knew where it went. I said to Elder Dominguez, "I think this is going to take us the right way, lets get on." So we got on and were going for about 15 minutes. We could not see out the windows because it was so dark and rainy. We both felt that we needed to get off. So we get off and we do not recognize anything. We were by some train tracks and a forest and there were street names I had never seen. Strangely, however, I did not feel the least bit worried! I said a prayer that we would get home safely. Both of us felt that we should just start walking. After about 15 minutes of walking, we come to a church. The sign in front says ´The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.´ We ring the doorbell (it was all locked) and 2 other elders from our zone come out. They looked very confused to see us. We had traveled 20 miles out of our area! We explained that we were very lost and they showed us what bus to take and where to go. We made it home safely. 

I am grateful for the power of prayer and the guide of the Spirit in my life. I know I had that experience for a reason. 

Elder Gygi



No comments:

Post a Comment