Wednesday, April 27, 2016

April 25

Tomorrow I will finish 8 months in the mission. It has gone by very fast. I learned something this week. The concept of "Costco" is very hard to explain to anyone who is not from the United States. I know, I tried. The conversation with my comp Elder Dominguez went like this: "So you're saying that you can buy toilet paper in packs of 30, 5 gallons of ketchup, a hot tub, and a flat screen TV all at the same store? Why would anyone need that much ketchup??" I was just laughing this whole time! He could not understand why such a store exists. 

I do not know if has been on the news in the states but there was a recent tragedy here in Argentina. The was an electronic music festival and a bunch of teens decided to take a new drug. 3 died and more were hospitalized. That is already bad but one thing to know about this is that some of these kids weren't even drug addicts. They just thought, "My friends are doing this so I guess I'll try it." And look at what happened. What I learned from this is that it is not worth it to touch drugs or alcohol even once. A scripture that have been trying to memorize this week is 1 Corinthians 10:13:

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

No matter what, there is always a way out. If you have to leave a party and walk home, so be it. There's your way out. I have a testimony of that.

Elder Gygi
Merlo Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment