Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Right Place, Right Time

So last week I hit the 5 month mark. It is crazy to think I have been gone that long. But you know what they say: Time flies when you're serving the Lord. 


This week I ate one of the weirder foods they have here. It's called blood sausage. It was actually kind of good. It's just a grilled sausage full of cow's blood and bits of potato and onion. I'm trying to live the culture, haha! And I didn't want to offend the person feeding us so I ate it! 


We found a new person to teach! Well, he actually found us. Elder Jamison and I were walking down the street and we heard someone say "Hello where are you from!" He said that in English! His name is A. We started talking to this guy and he told us that he used to live in Utah for 4 years going to school. His roommate was Mormon and took him to church a few times. He speaks perfect English so we teach him in English. We gave him a Book of Mormon (in Spanish) and he said that if we get him one in English he will read the whole thing. He also has a girlfriend from Brasil. She only speaks Portuguese though so he kind of teaches her for us. I'm glad that Elder Jamison and I were in the right place at the right time. And that the Lord allowed us to find him. 

A little about our ward. We got a new bishop 1 month ago. He is about 30 years old and he is a returned missionary. He is really putting a focus on missionary work. When I first got here, we had a ward mission leader but that was it. Now we have 2 ward missionaries, and soon 2 more ward missionaries. President Robertson wants to divide Padua and put 2 more elders in our area. Missionary work will soon take off in this area. Usually in an area, you have too many lessons and not enough willing members to come help teach the lessons. Here we have the opposite problem. Too many wiling members and not enough investigators to teach.

I hope everyone back home is safe and healthy.

Sincerely,
Elder Gygi

D&C 6:36 < my favorite scripture



No comments:

Post a Comment