Saturday, September 12, 2015

The Church is True!


Good Morning!

This week pretty much just flew by. Our investigator Señor G accepted our invitation to be baptized! I'm so happy for him. I don't remember if I’ve told you about him or not. He is a nice 60-year-old Chilean guy. He's pretty funny because if we can't remember a Spanish word for something I’ll just say it in English and he'll just tell us the Spanish word haha. During our last lesson with him, we felt that we should ask him if he has had any experiences with prayer. He then told us this story about how his oldest son has cancer and was in the hospital for a while. Due to his treatment, he couldn't sleep for a long time. So Señor G and his son said a real, sincere prayer asking Heavenly Father to let him get some rest. Immediately after saying amen, he fell asleep. We told him how grateful we were that he shared that with us and bore our testimonios that prayer will strengthen his relationship with God. Those are the moments that I know I made the right choice to serve a mission. I love hearing people share personal moments like that. I love feeling the spirit and watching other people feel it too.



Last Tuesday at our devotional, we heard from President Gerald Causse, of the presiding church bishopric, and his wife. They gave fantastic talks all about missionary work. And to end his talk he walked over to a piano and played an arrangement of the hymn "Come, Come Ye Saints." It was so cool and unexpected. 

Oh I’m getting better at volleyball! I play it everyday at gym time. A few of the elders I play with are going to go BYU for volleyball so they're really good and I’m not haha but it's still way fun. Also p-days are awesome. And so are Sundays. We have Sacrament meeting and then priesthood meeting, too. Our tripanionship taught the lesson last Sunday. Luckily it only had to be in English, though. I've been having dreams in Spanish for like 2 weeks now! haha

Red Mountain High School graduates Sister Boren & Elder Gygi

I'm going to send out some letters in the mail later today to friends. I love it here at the MTC. It's hard but worth it. Joseph B. Worthlin said, "Come what may and love it." I believe that the way we react to adversity is a major factor in how happy and successful we can be. My high school marine bio teacher put it best: life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. My companions and I had some tough moments this week. We were all kind of annoyed because we had a ton of lessons to prepare. But we got everything done and talked it out and now we are all good again. 

Yo se que esta iglesia es verdadero.

Yo soy el Elder Gygi




1 comment: