Saturday, September 5, 2015

Teaching Week 2


Hey Everyone!

This week felt like it went by so fast! I have been so busy with all these Spanish classes. Sorry if my grammar or spelling is messed, I’m not really in English mode. 

Our district and zone are doing great. We all get along so well. I'm amazed at how fast we can learn the language. Our companionship has taught two investigators already. We had 5 lessons with a girl named Lizbeth and 2 with Gabriel. All in Spanish. We had a great spiritual experience with Lizbeth. As we were teaching the last lesson to her, I was using words that I didn't even know that I knew. 

Last weekend we got to go the temple and we will get to go again today. Sunday was great as well. We got to watch a video of a devotional given by David A. Bednar to the missionaries a few years ago. It was all about Christ and how we can become more like him. In the video, he says that we need to stop thinking of ourselves. Christ never thought of his own needs over someone else's. That made me realize why I really want to serve a mission. This mission never was, is, or will be about me. It's all about the people that I will get to go help. 

Oh I joined the MTC choir! My one companion Elder Wilson was happy to go with me but our other comp Elder Brockbank doesn't like to sing haha but we dragged him along too. We got to sing at the devotional on Tuesday night. Every Tuesday a general authority or someone from the church gets to come and speak to us. This week we were so lucky because we got to hear from Dallin H. Oaks and his wife. They gave fantastic talks all about how to teach by the Spirit and also why we should use the Plan of Salvation is our lessons. One impression that I felt while listening to Sis. Oaks talk was that we should always be an example and act righteously because we never who is watching and looking up to us. 


Our branch is so lucky to have an awesome branch presidency. President Swenson served as a mission president in Chile a few years ago back when the earthquakes happened there. He is such a rock solid guy. Thank you everyone for all of your emails (jared.gygi@myldsmail.net) and letters (Elder Jared Gygi, OCT06 ARG-BAW, 2005 N 900 E Unit 121, Provo, UT 84604) and packages! Every time I get something it feels even better than Christmas. One of the elders in our hall said he'd rather get a package than have his birthday hahaha. I'll try and take more pictures this week! Love everyone.

Yo soy el Elder Gygi

No comments:

Post a Comment