Sunday, December 18, 2016

A Week of Surprises

Elder Captain America
 It is just going to keep getting hotter here in San Justo! We had a great week full of surprises. I am with my new companion, Elder Carreño. It is great with him. He is from Ibague, Colombia. He has been a member for a little over 3 years! He was baptized at 18 and then left on the mission 1 year later. He and I got here to Argentina on the same day so we both have 15 months in the mission. He speaks almost no English hahaha but he really wants to learn so I am trying to teach him. Elder Bragg also told me that I need to teach him English because he will use it in other church callings. 

Our investigators are doing good! A. has his baptism on the 23rd. We changed it from the 17th because he wanted his mom to be able to come too. J. does not have a date yet. 

We had a great surprise on Sunday. We were sitting in the Gospel Principles class when Brother Nielson (1st counselor in the bishopric) asked me to come out for a minute. He took me out and said "Elder Gygi your family came to visit you!... just kidding!" but then he took me into another room and i saw 3 people, all looking very American and not Argentine, and I recognized one of the kids. I said "Hey, I know you!" and I gave him a big hug. It was Marcus Bragg, a friend of mine from EFY Santa Barbara about 4 years ago! I had no idea that his dad was a general authority! His dad, Elder Mark Bragg of the 1st quorum of the seventy, was called as a member of the presidency over the South America South area and was visiting our chapel. Marcus told me that he saw a picture of me in Argentina on my Instagram and showed his dad. Elder Bragg then called President Robertson to ask what area I was in. He told him that I was currently in San Justo, so he and his family came to visit the ward and see me! And of course they just happen to show up the one Sunday I was assigned to give a talk. I spoke on member/missionary work and how we are not separate but one body working together. Sister Bragg even took a picture of me speaking, hahahaIt was great to see them. I translated Elder Bragg's talk to his son Marcus who doesn't really speak Spanish. He is going to an international school here. A bunch of ward members thought they were my family!

Elder Bragg then stood up to give us a short message. He looked at all 4 of us missionaries and said "Elders and Sisters, I have sat in a room with 2 apostles, Elder Holland and Elder Cook, as they assigned mission calls. I watched as they prayed and pleaded for each missionary. I can tell you personally that you have all been put here by revelation." 

I know that this church is true. 

Sincerely,
Elder Gygi




No comments:

Post a Comment