Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Transfer to Loma Grande

#Throwback
Well my time in Merlo has come to an end. After 5 months here I have been called to the area of Loma Grande, which means big hill (I don´t understand because there is no hill there). I am very excited to work there! I do hate packing all my things though. Amazing how missionaries can live out of 2 suitcases for 2 years! I can literally carry all of my possessions from our apartment to the taxi in one trip!

I am also sad to leave Merlo. Our investigator, I, will be baptized on the 9th of July! I will not be able to see it but I am extremely happy for her! She was very sad to hear that I am leaving as well. As a goodbye fiesta, a member made us asado which is traditional Argentine barbeque. It was sooooooo good. She even made guacamole which I haven´t eaten since before my mission! 

I learned something in my personal study this morning. I was reading Ether 6 and some verses caught my attention. Jared and his people are traveling by boats across the ocean. And it says:


5 And it came to pass that the Lord God caused that there should be a furious wind blow upon the face of the waters, towards the promised land; and thus they were tossed upon the waves of the sea before the wind.

 6 And it came to pass that they were many times buried in the depths of the sea, because of the mountain waves which broke upon them, and also the great and terrible tempests which were caused by the fierceness of the wind.

What I learned is that the Lord gives us trials for a purpose. Why didn't he just send a gentle breeze and calm waters? It would've been a lot nicer. But probably a lot slower. The furious winds pushed them where they needed to go. In our lives, our tests and challenges push us where the Lord wants us to go. He is at the helm of our boat. Trust in him and he will guide you.


12 And they did land upon the shore of the promised land. And when they had set their feet upon the shores of the promised land they bowed themselves down upon the face of the land, and did humble themselves before the Lord, and did shed tears of joy before the Lord, because of the multitude of his tender mercies over them.

Elder Gygi

No comments:

Post a Comment