Monday, March 21, 2016

Good News!!

I don't understand the weather in Argentina. Last week it was hot and humid, today it's cold and humid. 

But the good news! Last Saturday, J. got baptized! He is a guy that we were teaching before we changed the area in Padua. I'm not sure if I told you about him. The missionaries found him in December just before I got here. He is 61 years old. He fought in a war here a few decades ago and while he was in the army, his wife and daughter were in an accident and both died. He started smoking to help cope with the loss of his family. When the missionaries found him, he was smoking 5 packs (100 cigarettes) per day. He had been trying to quit but was praying for help. That same day, the missionaries knocked on his door. 3 months later, he has made the covenant of baptism. We are very happy for him! 

I love this work!

Elder Gygi

No comments:

Post a Comment