Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Feliz Navidad!

Merry Christmas Everyone! 
Christmas is... a little different in Argentina. It's not a very calm and peaceful holiday like back in the States. The tradition here is on Christmas Eve, everyone has a huge party all night long with fireworks and food and friends. We will eat dinner and one of the ward members house. The traditional food to eat on Christmas is asado, which is the best food ever. Basically a huge barbecue with steak, ribs, chicken, choripan and also some more fun foods like lenguas (cow tongue) and corazón (cow/chicken heart). I'm very excited!

I found something amazing at church the other day, a copy of the May 2014 General Conference Liahona... in English!!!! Finally I get some talks to read in my own language! I read a great talk by Thomas S. Monson that was all about love that we need to have. A quote by Dale Carnegie that really stuck out to me was this: "Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them for a lifetime." I have seen that in my mission. Just by kindly smiling and saying 'Hola' to someone on the street is guaranteed to make their day a tiny bit better. 

I hope everyone has a very Feliz Navidad! 
Sincerely, Elder Gygi



No comments:

Post a Comment