Monday, January 9, 2017

Baptisms!

Hey Family!

Sorry last week I wasn't able to write. Sometimes it happens. 
This week was great! We had 3 baptisms in our district! The sisters in the other area baptized their investigator E, and I was able to do the interview for her. She is a very nice 60-year-old lady who lives alone. She bore her testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith. It was a great interview.
Elder Carreño and I also were privileged to baptize V and F. They are two investigators we have been working with for about 4 weeks. V is 59 and is the dad of F, who is 19. They originally had a baptismal date for the 14th of January but they heard all of the lessons and asked if they could move the baptism up to the 8th. We said of course you can! F is pretty timid so we were not sure how he would be at the baptism or in church, but he surprised us. This Sunday was testimony meeting and during the meeting F turns to me and asks "Can I go up?" I said absolutely! So he went up and bore a great testimony of the things we had taught him. After he sat down, he looked at his dad and said "Dad, now you go!" So V got up and started to cry, which was surprising because he is a big tough guy. He said how happy he was that he and his son had found the church and made the choice to be baptized. After sacrament meeting, we had the baptismal service. I baptized V and Elder Carreño baptized F. Those are moments that I recognize the blessings of serving a mission. I know this is the work of the Lord.

Elder Gygi


No comments:

Post a Comment